Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Roll me away

I worked until 5 PM today - busy one. Got caught in the gridlock that is I-235 leaving work. It's wall to wall cars until you get to 73rd/8th Street, then things seems to loosen up. (unless there's a wreck)

I decided to head to the Waukee Library on my way home to Joan's, so I went out to the Jordan Creek Parkway exit and turned left on University. The sun was just going down. The book on CD I had selected was a story set in the south, with a male reader with a drawl, and it took the author the whole first chapter to describe the boat he was taking his wife on for her birthday. Too flowery. Reject!

I popped in a music CD. Bob Seger and the first song was "Roll me Away".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0Jt4J1FPLg
I wanted to roll away - and just keep going, just like Bob does on his motorcycle. Like Bob, I'm sooo ready to hit the road. It's been another long week (and it's only Wednesday) in a looong winter. My living situation isn't ideal. I'm homesick. I want to live with my husband and my dog in my house. Not out of a suitcase.

Life is about trade offs, and this is one. It won't be forever, I tell myself. But something's gotta give- I don't wish to live like this for years. For now I will just look for ways to be home more. Since I have a doctor's appointment next Friday, I'll have to stay here Friday night. So I'm going to take furlow time and stay home Monday, working in the afternoon. I'll come up Tuesday a.m.

And tomorrow after my presentation on Environmental Management Systems for the RCC meeting (the hazmat people) I'll roll me away home!

No comments: