Sunday, February 14, 2010

Val Day


I know - Valentines Day is the most hokiest and contrived of holidays. Hey, maybe it will be good for the economy. Those sagging candy and flower sales.

Paul and I went to the movie Valentines Day last night with Joan and Greg Weis. I saw that it got panned by the Register's movie reviewer - only 2.5 out of 5 stars. And the reviewer closed his article with something like - if you take a first date to it, you don't deserve a second date! Yikes!

None-the-less, we were in the mood for a breezy entertaining movie - the eye candy didn't hurt. Lots of stars, including Julia Roberts, Ashton Kutcher (still adorable, can't help but like him), Drs McDreamy and McSteamy, Topher Grace, Jennifer Garner, Jessica Biel and more.

The theater (Creston theater is pretty basic, saggy seats and I was disappointed in the popcorn) was pretty full. Dates and singles in attendance. I didn't get bored with the plot and it made me laugh. What more could you ask for in a fluff move? At the end, a small plot twist with two of the hunks caused one woman in attendance to yell out "Noooooo"! Funny stuff, that.

After the movie we hit A&G for a drink and then home. A nice quiet 2/13. Got up today and my val made me breakfast - he cooks my egg in its own pan cuz I don't like mine in the bacon grease like he does. Awww, that's true love. And he gave my the rockin' purse (I selected, Dooney and Bourke - on sale Von Maur) and some chocolates. I gave him chocolates - as he'd scored some new ISU clothing the same day I got the purse.

I am staying home tomorrow, working half and taking furlow the other half. So today isn't quite as depressing as Sundays usually are. The light snow isn't even going to be a downer today. Home with my honey.

No comments: