Friday, February 19, 2010

dippered


Dr. Schmolck

Have you ever heard that deal about how each one of us is like a pitcher - and things in our lives either ladle good stuff in or dump it out. We want full pitchers (of margaritas preferably!) in our lives.

This week, at work, my pitcher felt like it got dippered. A lot. I think a great deal of this is simply my own self-perception and high expectations for myself. I allow others to make mistakes and to not nail each and every paper/meeting/project - not expecting them to do everything absolutely right. But not ME!

So I feel I had a less than stellar week. I won't bore you with the details - I already bored Pablo with them, but he's a public servant and soil guy. So he feels my pain.

Since I took the DNR job I've felt so good about the job I am doing there. I've felt I valuable and worthy. (not sponge-worthy, but still...pretty worthy). This week...not so much. It's not like work people expressed disappointment in my actions or work. My loss of joy juice from my pitcher just came from me.

I think a lemondrop martini is in order tonight. Or two. But not three!

I stayed in DM last night in order to see a new doc - a neurologist about my frequent migraines. I had tried to see her on the 9th - but my f-up. It was really the 19th. I really liked Dr. Heike Schmolck - she's foreign born - Dutch? Norwegian? But does not have much of an accent. She wants me to try a drug I've read about - Topamax - a preventative med.

The drug was developed for epilepsy. It was a few weird side effects - I'm hoping to lose a few pounds, but that doesn't always happen. I probably won't like drinking pop as it does something to carbonation. Hope it doesn't make me dopey/drowsy. I've got enough of that already. I'll keep you posted on the results - it will take a few weeks to work my way up in dosage.

No comments: