Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Getting back on the horse


This is not the purse I found on sale, but it's the right brand!
If at first you don't succeed...when you get bucked off the horse, you need to get right back on again...anything worth doing is worth doing well. There are lots of sayings that work here.

The whole shopping thing. I tried again tonight, and it went better. I tried my ass off! I went to Valley West - really my fave in DM. Oh, yes I am seduced a bit by Jordan Creek, the fancy new mall. But when I wish to get down to biz, I head for Valley West.

In order to get into the proper frame of mind, I entered through Calypso, the quirky fun store that contains antiques to funny stuff. I like looking around there and the people who work there are nice. They didn't let me down this time either - as I was greeted by a couple people who didn't sound like they were just following the "you must greet each shopper" rule.

Then I headed to Von Mauer - the ritzy store. I perused the men's sweaters - yikes one I liked was $125. No thanks. I got to thinking about purses - my present purse (Fossil, anniversary gift from my beloved Pool Boy - yes I bought it myself) is a winter leather. So I'll be needing a summer model soon, right? Wow the store had a Dooney and Bourke on sale at $62! I liked it. My enthusiasm soared! Yet a clear head prevailed. Younkers too carries purses I told myself.

So I strolled through the mall - noticing that a couple stores closed. Sports/shoes. I slipped through Eddie Bauer's. Good prices, but nothing calling out to me. On I went, stopping in the CD Warehouse to see if they might have a Lion King soundtrack (the play not the Disney movie). Nope.

The stores are beginning to set out spring clothes - and I'm more impressed with them than the winter stuff. But come one - the skinny jeans are not good for my womanly hips! I scoped out the purses in Younkers - no sales of D&B purses.

On my way back to the other end of the mall, of course I had to swing through my fave shoe store. Be still my heart - saw lots of shoes I'd love to have. But nothing I needed to shell out money today for.

While in the shoe store, my baby girl called. She's needed some support this week - it's tough to be a new kid in town. After that, one last swing through Von Mauer to gaze upon the purse. Maybe I'll get it next week if it's still there. Or maybe not.

But the thrill was there!

3 comments:

Kris said...

Get it!!! Wow, Dooney & Burke for $62! I'd get it... but then again, you know me and purses. (I just got a new one last week, haha.)

lgold said...

Oh yeah...went back today and claimed that D&B purse! (Paul will love giving it to me for Val Day...)

Thea said...

Cool! Love purse shopping!