Sunday, January 3, 2010

Groshees




I hate to shop for groceries (groshees). It's a never ending job, and I get it a big rut, purchasing the same shit over and over. You see good shopping requires research (recipes, ingredients), and must involve some type of list making. I'm not good about doing either.



And when I do have a list, I often disregard it. At least until I'm all the way in line to pay. And then I look at the list and realize I've forgotten a key ingredient. Crap! Do I have time to run and get it while the checker checks? Prolly not, oh well - we'll just eat soup again..




When we went through Denver on our way to Vail and the Insight Bowl in Tempe, AZ we got to see Marczyks Fine Food - the store where Amy works. It's a fancy schmancy store compared to any I've been in. It would be fun to shop in! http://www.marczykfinefoods.com/




They carry lots of gourmet, imported and organic products. They have a deli and a wine store. They have $$ expensive free range no antibiotic meats. The store is colorful and ritzy looking.




Amy makes all the signage and pitches in wherever else she's needed. If you read back when I was walking down employment memory lane you'll see that my first job out of college was in grocery wholesaling. Fun that Amos is following in my footsteps. Okay - she's not really, but I can pretend, can't I??





No comments: