Sunday, January 17, 2010

Watchin' football




I'm watching the Vikings/Cowboys with my man. Pro football is his fave sport. He spends as much time on all things Packer as he does on any hobby. Oh yes he loves the Clones, but he grew up with the Pack.

In that vein, Jud has grown up with America's team - the Dallas Cowboys. Not sure why because neither Paul nor I have been 'Boys fans. But they were on TV when he was little and they were good - they Troy Aikman era, you know. He had brief romances with other teams - I recall Mark Brunell with Jacksonville on his bday cake one year. But the Cowboys were really it.

My grandma, Momo did love Roger Staubach. But Jud never knew her - so this Cowboys love is all on his own. They've had some rough years lately - not winning any playoff games, until this year. Frankly, the Cowboys are easy to hate. Jerry Jones, the owner is kinda sleazy. The whole America's Team thing.

But Jud likes 'em, so Paul and I cheer for them too. I like my mens to be happy. I've always liked the Vikings - closest team to Iowa besides Chiefs you know. Plus Fran Tarkenton was also a fave of Momo.

The 'Boys aren't looking too great in this one so far. I feel badly for Juddy.

No comments: