Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I lost somethin...

It's my shoppin' jones. I feel so bad without it. Shopping gene, where can you be?

Last winter I enjoyed shopping quite often. It helped me get through the winter - finding items on sale to fill out my wardrobe. 10 years of working at a landfill had somehow left me bereft of decent clothes to wear working in the big city. I loved the thrill of locating those great sale deals.

This year - I try! I walk listlessly through the malls. I've tried them all. Jordan Creek, Valley West and tonight I even wandered through Merle Hay - the grandaddy of DM malls. I remember when MH wasn't even covered.

The first time I recall shopping at MH with Mom and my sissies, and Mom had promised me a turtle. Yep - a real one. But we couldn't find any around the mall - the stores weren't yet under a roof. So I ended up with some type of goopy pink stuff - similar to Play Dough, but gooier.

I miss it. My shopping enjoyment. Maybe this crappy weather has sucked it out of me. I hope spring weather will return my lust of all things shoe and activewear.

1 comment:

Alternate Leslie said...

I remember when Merle Hay was outdoors, also! It was such a treat to shop at a real honest to goodness mall! I hope you find your love of shopping soon. I am in the same rut--must be the weather. I really like TJ Maxx and Marshalls for the bargains. I've thought of you communting--glad you've stayed safe. I am headed to Minnesota for my aunt's funeral on Thursday so am hoping these upcoming "flurries" stay only as flurries. Hey-my Rebecca is a manager at the Abercombie store if you get back to Jordan Creek, look her up!