Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Special Christmas







For the first time in many years, I got to be with 2 of my sisters - Suso bean and Cindo bean. Between that and getting to be with most precious baby girl Amy, it was great Christmas. And don't discount having Juddy and Pablo my fave Pool Boy there too along with Jim, Boldie, Jordie and Colby.

Lefebvres have lived in Vail for over 30 years. Each year since they've been married, Bolder has gotten a real Colorado pine for their Christmas tree. I think this year was the best evah! He doesn't rip them off - he and Colby get the proper tag that allows them to harvest a tree. They have a 2 story family room - good thing!

We got to Cindo's Christmas a.m. around 9:30 a.m. , allowing them to recover a bit from the big Xmas Eve bash. The place looked pretty good considering the bad ass kids had tried to wreck the joint. There was a huge stack o gifts under the tree, due to the three families an all. While we didn't drag most of our gifts along to Vail, we did have Amy's, plus a few others. I had Lefebvres this year - and got them a yard poker birdhouse at the Farmer's Market in DM, made from recycled materials of course. As a bonus I picked up a couple ornaments - a lil case o Bud for Boldie and an outhouse for camping fanatic Colbs.

Alvillars gave us a fantastic Colorado gift basket containing various 'Rado footstuffs. I also received a lovely soft scarf - now I need a nice coat to go with it. Betso Bean sent a basket (surprise!) to Cindo who must have had her. Amy got lots of little things - some she had put on her list (sweaters from AE and some, not as expected - a hat I thought just looked like her). J&A got Paul a lovely wallet - leather like butta. Amy got Marczyk's shirts all around - Jordie got one like mine - it says "Extra Virgin" on the back, while Jim's says "Meat, Yum".

Jud purchased an extra special ISU cap for Bolder who loves the Cyclone just cuz we do. I thought it was touching that Jud shopped for the specific type of cap that he knows Boldie likes.

I love watching people open gifts! And I loved being with people I love on a very special day.

No comments: