Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Well excuuuuuse me


Now that I'm back working in cubicle-land, I am noticing how very often I end up saying "excuse me". And the polite DNR folk often say it back to me. It's because our aisles between cubes are pretty narrow. And people sometimes chat in the aisles, causing me to walk in the middle of their conversation. Other times, I've got to turn my shoulders sideways in order to allow another person to get by.

There are also blind corners to if you're not paying real good attention you can step out in front of others. We could use those mirrors at the end of those aisles. Today, as I rounded the corner coming out of the restroom, my boss Al popped out of a conference room without looking. Then he began quickly advancing down the main walkway, but he abruptly stopped twice without checking around himself or putting on his backup lights. I about rammed him twice before sneaking down the first aisle I could. He never did see me.

Remember the old Steve Martin "Excuse Me" skit? I can picture him with that arrow thing that made it look like an arrow was sticking through his head, strumming his banjo. "I'm a ramblin guy oh yeah oh yeah." Please hand me that piano!

I took part in the John Hughes (the director) poll on Facebook. I selected Uncle Buck for my fave of his films. That is such a good one! I like it better than Home Alone, as it seemed more realistic. John Candy was so loveable, and the skit with MacCauley Culkin and the mail slot was genius. I liked Sheresse. and their relationship. Plus the whole bitchy niece thing.

No comments: