Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Ozark lake vacation goers

That's kinda like Ozark Mountain Daredevils, right? Hmm can't even remember what they sang...

Anyways, our friends Sharon and Al invited us to stay with them along with other Cyclone faithful, Bobbie & Jeff, Don and Dee at their place down south. Osage Beach is the general location - about a 6 hour drive from C-town. It's right on the huge man-made lake, and S&H have not owned this property too long.

That's about all I know about the place, other than the fact that this group has imbibed many alcoholic bevvies there in past years. A&H have a boat and some type of pull behind thingy, so I'm going to go for a ride. Due to my unfortunate uterine removal I'm not able to swim yet, so I'm glad it's not supposed to be fiery hot.

B&J got there Tuesday, D&D arrive tonight. We're going tomorrow and coming back Sunday. Yes, can you say short and sweet. It's such a busy time for us though - with work and all, so we can't afford to take much time off.

I just baked cookies to take along. It's my fave recipe in the whole world, the Methodist Church cookbook chocolate chip pecan cookies. This recipe has been used so much through the past twenty or so years that the page the recipe is on is discolored with grease. I pretty much have it memorized, but like to get it out anyway. It includes oatmeal, rice krispies and the secret ingredient, cream of tartar. Best evah choc choc chips.

PS Sorry about the little break Monday and Tuesday! I spent a couple hours on the phone Monday night at Joan's talking to foreign techie guys trying to get the Internet to work. After all that, it seems perhaps Joan's modem got hit by lightning. It sure wasn't working anyhoo. I'm relieved that now that I'm home my friend Dell and I are bonding once again.

I spent yesterday afternoon working at the fair in the DNR trailer again. After our workforce organizer lamented in our staff meeting yesterday that last Thursday's workers (including me) were much too generous with the free shopping bags, I had to get into my Bag Nazi persona. Oh the power...

1 comment:

amy e. goldsmith said...

those are good cookies...but not as good as the world's best chocolate chip cookies! it's my fave recipe, probably because of the crisco.