Monday, August 10, 2009

Back at it

Here I am...back in my chair away from chair at Joan's house in Waukee. Missing my green chair with ottoman in Creston. And the lil black doggie that wedges her ass in next to mine - especially when it's storming out. And the cat on the ottoman. To say nothing of the guy that lives in the house, who waters the plants and mows the grass and scratches my back and lives in the house that Jack built. (I made that last part up - wasn't that a kid's book?)

It was very hard, packing my suitcase last night and shipping out this a.m. Sunday evenings are depressing around our place as we both get ready for me to go. And him to stay. Two weeks at home was a nice long time to get entrenched once again. And now I'm here in the BC (Big City).

Work was more taxing than I had anticipated. I'd felt so good. I guess I wasn't considering that I was working at home the past couple weeks - and not full 8 hour days. And last week I didn't have an hour plus drive before working. By mid afternoon I was beat. I didn't realize how beat until Jim at work told me how tired I looked. I came home to Joan's and laid on the couch until we got all caught up with each other.

Then we did a 2.5 mile walk at a fairly leisurely pace. After the 7 I did yesterday, that was just right. The walk did perk me up a bit. Ah I'll get back in the groove, but for the time being I'm going to take it a little easy on myself. I am still in recovery mode! I keep forgetting I'm not superwoman...

No comments: