Monday, August 31, 2009

Fave days

Argh me mateys - yesterday I was cut off from my blog the whole day. The site must have been down for maintenance or whatnot. It was quite frustrating. So here's what I wrote and saved.

While Saturday night’s all right for fighting, I make no secret Friday night is my favorite time of the week. Second to that are quiet, leisurely Sunday mornings. That’s why I like to get church out of the way on Saturday nights. So I don’t have to rush off in the a.m.

Saturday mornings typically involve non-work related work. Half marathon training (P and I walked 8.5 miles yesterday a.m.) , grocery shopping (one of my non-fave activities), laundry and other assorted errands and necessary tasks (dog food, library, greeting cards). Busy stuff.

On Sundays I can be a lazy bum. I like to get up fairly early as that helps stretch out my casual time. Because before I know it, it’s time to clean or cook. I read the paper, eat breakfast and surf the Internet as I’m doing now. If Paul goes hunting, antler hunting or camera checking, it’s quiet vewwy vewwy quiet (my Elmer Fudd voice). If Jud is home it’s still quiet as he sleeps in until lunch time. Right now the only noise is the spinning washer.

This is the life. Sipping coffee. No hangover – pretty quiet night last night. We went to A&G for supper (still celebrating the 27th anniversary of our marriage ya know). Home by 8ish and in bed – sleeping by 10 PM. Geez we ARE oldy moldy. Did have a migraine early this a.m. – I think it’s just that time of year. Sleeping with windows open doesn’t help my allergies. So I took my meds early and felt better by the time I got up around 7 a.m.

Pet notes:
Odie too is suffering allergies this year and itches like she has cooties. I discovered a rashy spot on her chest last night. Now Daddy Pablo must take her to the Doc to see what’s up. I put hydrocortisone on it this a.m. and she’s simply overlicking her paws now. She did get the excitement of chasing a stray kitty off our deck this a.m.

Our cat (Kitty we call her, though her name officially is Samantha – Amy’s 3rd grade birthday present), is simply elderly. It takes her a long time to make her way downstairs where food and litter are. Arthritis I believe. Her fur, which used to be silky black, and now she’s not able to (or no longer wishes to) keep it groomed and it’s a little clumpy. She doesn’t seem to be in major pain though and is eating and drinking fine. She’s not been to the vet for several years, as that time she bit the vet despite being confined in a plastic box made for cats having shots. Kitty was smarter than the average cat and bit Doc Richard anyway.

I’m thrilled to announce that my cell phone issues have been handled as I went back to US Cellular yesterday and that service guy knew what my problem was- my memory was full and leaking (my cell phone memory, though I believe that accurately describes my own situation as well). He updated my Blackberry software and sold me a $16 memory chip. Now I should get all texts and my alarm should work properly. Too bad Blogspot is having some type of issues and I can’t post this. It’s always something!

I'm at Joan's now and our new Qwest modem is working just fine.

No comments: