Thursday, August 27, 2009

Oh yeah

Take that you mofo Qwest guy. You said you doubted the modem was the problem with our Internet. And when I hooked up the new modem the much nicer Qwest lady sent. And between the new modem and the cords etc., that baby is now cooking!

So I'm baaack! Yep I'm pretty wired when I'm not wired. I gots to have my Internet. I've been wired since the mid 90's now. Got hooked up back in the day when all we had was dial up. Back in the day. I used Netscape and thought I was queen of the surfin' world! It's such a relief to get the wireless up and running again at Joan's. Even got Joanie fixed up so she can use her computer wirelessly now.

Now my damn phone is beginning to act up - forgetting to accept texts and not sounding the alarm when it's time to get it. You'd think all technology was against me. The US Cellular guy said if my phone happened to get wet I could get a new one for $25. Hmmm it was raining today. But dammit I like my phone and don't want a new one...

I like to hear from you readers out there. I know some of you don't like to comment online (or haven't figured out how to..). But it helps to know you're out there. Feel free to skip boring days. As I told my friend Mar today, I blog to breath. It's really like therapy - I do it for me, but enjoy having you readers along for the ride!

Book club was lots of fun last night at Thea's. It was a dark and stormy night...and a good time was had by all. To combine two corny phrases. We had a big group - nice to get some new members in the mix. We discussed "Digging to America" by Anne Tyler. It came with discussion questions right in the back, which is quite helpful. We take turns reading them - which even gets the less vocal (we kind of a mouthy group, but there are a couple quiet ones) members talking.

Poor Thea got a bit nervous as the dark stormy night was producing copious amounts of rain and she was afraid of her pool flooding. I was glad to have Dianne make a meeting after she missed the last two. She's such a character and makes me chuckle. She always seems upbeat. Last night she talked about nearly getting cold feet on her wedding day - thinking of escaping out the bathroom window. Last night Angie brought oreos and Jackie brought delicious coffee cake. Vidette was delighted to discover we could bring alcohol if we so desire. Next time girl friend!

4 comments:

amy e. goldsmith said...

it's funny how we both have wireless internet frustration blogs. why isn't the quest guy commenting on this?

Thea said...

oh, i loved Angie's story about her brother!! And Francie's was amazing, too. Love that she felt good enough to share that family story.

BTW, i've had a cell phone since the early 80's when they were in a goofy bag. :) I'm thinking of making the leap to your type or maybe wait for an iphone. i don't know if i'm cool enough, tho.

lgold said...

Check it out - the Qwest lady wrote me. I'll have to email her. I do think they owe us a credit for days lost!

Thea - yeah girl, you're way cool enuff for a good phone. I never did have a bag phone, but our first one was the size of a brick!

Ramona I. Lynam said...

I remember those bag phones. We had one at the Graham Group for the big shots to use. One of the wannabes had just enough authority to use it. He would leave the building and then immediately call back so everyone on the street could see he had a portable phone. Such a jerk!