Sunday, August 23, 2009

Leisure Lake Experience


Note the look of relief on my face after using the facilities...
We're back from our trip to the Ozarks and I must report a good time was had by all! Except our hosts Sharon and Al who unfortunately had to head back to Creston Friday for a relative's funeral. Bummer - I sure missed Sharon's awesome cackle of a laugh and Al's easy pleasant manner. Being 51 has its benefits - when I was 30 I didn't have friends with places like this!

Our trip Thursday to the Lake - near Osage Beach, MO was uneventful. It rained like hell when we crossed the state line into the Show Me State. Our friends began to text us to find out our ETA. We got there right on schedule around 7:45 PM and lemons were awaiting for me to make - you guessed it - martinis! We were playing catch up!

We Quickly checked out the "cabin" A&S own - which is really a lovely 3 bedroom 3 bath home with a double "slip" dock. They have a great boat which can seat 8 easily. A&S, Bobbie&Jeff, Dee&Donnie and Pablo the Poolboy and I hopped in the boat to go for supper. I tried a new drink - Jeremiah Weed something or other that tastes like ice tea. We had pizza and then danced to the DJ and Al and Dee sang karaoke. I learned a new line dance. Great fun!

We sat on the deck overlooking the lake when we got back. Al was draggin' his feet on going to bed as he knew he had to head home the next day. So the rest of us were obliged to sit up with our host. It was a beautiful evening.

In the morning we boated to a delightful breakfast place called Miller's Landing, and sat by the water drinking coffee while we awaited our food. Sadly, after that A&S had to take off (in their white Corvette I might add - I want to grow up to be them...). We had a quiet moment as they drove off. Then we said "Mom & Dad are gone, let's party!" Ferris Bueller anyone? haha

We loaded up the coolers and took off for a day of boating. It was sunny and just a little windy. We drove along the miles and miles of river and checked out the gazillions of $$ worth of homes. Then we floated in a cove, drinking brewskis and relaxing. I read my book while others napped. Then...I had to pee. Soon it was badly...and due to my recent surgery, I couldn't get in the water to make the lake my own personal urinal.

So finally we took off and headed towards a place called Gators. By the time we pulled up to the dock, my eyes were tearing up. My Gawd, surgery wasn't that painful! I hopped off the boat even before Donnie (named boat driver in Al's absence) got parked and raced into the bar. Sheeeit - there were 2 women waiting for the ladies room. God was with me though - a man came out of the men's room and I raced in and used it. Wheeew, disaster averted. Afterwards we had some really good hot wings, and more Weed (the drink).

My laundry is now done, so I'll have to continue this tomorrow night - that is IF Joan's Internet is working again.

No comments: