Wednesday, August 5, 2009

OFH

I walked downtown to breakfast this a.m. Started at 5:30 a.m. while it was quite dark out on the west edge of town on Adams Street. I wore my hat light so cars could see my little self on the dark road. I must have confused one driver who clicked his/her brights at me.

I met my homegirls - D, Deb, Patti, Pat, Bobbie, Nan and Lucy. It was just like the olden days when I was home everyday, except my current lack of a uterus and 1 ovary. Plus a few of the gals are pounds lighter thanks to their participation in Nan's Weight Watchers group. Less of 'em to love!

Conversation at S&K Cafe was lively as usual. In fact at one point, when I referenced that someone was an OFH (Old F'in Hag - as a young girl called me after the Iowa/ISU football game 2 years ago - ISU won!!). The guys at the table next to us overhead the term and began to razz us. It was a funny homey moment. It's stuff like that I would miss greatly if we were to move away. Just the little stuff, though as you know, I don't take my friendships lightly.

Today I'm off to Ottumwa to represent DNR at the grand opening of a household hazardous waste facility. Hope the 2 hour drive goes okay. I've got a good book to listen to, and I'm feeling pretty good. It will be interesting for me as I used to run such a facility. It will feel good to do something productive.

No comments: