Monday, August 31, 2009

Oh HE Double Toothpicks

Now my computer needs to go to the shop. I'm having very bad karma with technology lately. Dell is sending me a box like a little casket to send her to the repair shop. Bad cord, loose hinges and a crack in her frame. I must say the Dell tech I talked to online was quite polite and helpful.

I think I'll need a 12-step program to go cold turkey without it. I'm addicted, it's true. My Dell keeps me in touch with my sisters via emails and photos, buddies and Facebook friends. It allows me to do this Blog nearly every day. It's just a part of my routine.

I work on the computer most days at work too, but that's not the same. I can't just flit about looking at stuff I want to there. I use my work computer for typing letters, doing spreadsheets and work-related emails. Not for fun stuff.

I hope Dell comes back to me quickly! Until she goes, I'm charging my computer with my former roomie Krissy's Dell cord. Krissy is here visiting early this week, but will be off to parts north Wednesday. That will be about time for me to ship this beast.

2 comments:

Thea said...

I'm starting to worry about buying a computer for my own use after the big R. do you rec a Dell? I think I am finally sold on Mac, tho. It took a while, but now I love it.

lgold said...

If you like Mac and can afford it, go for it. Amy sure loves hers. They're mucho expensivo though. So I'll still with PCs. I've been happy with Dell though I'm writing this on Joan's nice inexpensive HP. My 3 year service contract has been well worth the $$. And service has been the least headache of all my computers.