Wednesday, August 26, 2009

2 posts due to unfortunate Internet issues at Joan's

The gauntlet
I had to walk the gauntlet tonight. No it wasn’t like the gauntlet American Indians used to have to walk in order to prove their manhood. (Remember the movie “A Man Called Horse”?) I believe that showed an example of a gauntlet – and it was brutal. The person had to walk a long aisle of men who took their best shot at him – with weapons. By the end he was bloody!

I wasn’t bloody, but I felt like I’d been pummeled - after walking through the cosmetics area in Younkers at Valley West. It wasn’t yet busy when I got to the mall, so the beautifully made up and coiffed women were all looking for customers. I dared walk through. They took one look at me and decided I wasn’t a likely candidate for their services. Not worthy…like I was something they'd like to scrape off their pointy shoes. Well F’em! I can’t help it if I’m inept at girly thangs…


Ozark Lake Daredevils part deaux

Where was I? Since my Internet at Joan’s has been out, I can’t look to see just where I left off in my tale of our wonderful but brief vacation to Al and Sharon’s Lake Place. Unfortunately A&S had to leave for a family funeral. Night one was a whirlwind, and none of us were feeling too perky to start Friday a.m.

Late in the afternoon on Friday, Donnie got word that Paul E and Lucy were in town. So we cruised to a restaurant for – surprise! More drinks and food. I had a Cajun Bloody Mary and woooweee coach, it was damn hot! We sat and chatted – P&L are remodeling a new place they purchased recently.

What to do for the evening? We were all pretty beat from our tough day of hanging out on the lake – drinking and snacking. So P&L (not us but the other P&L Paul and Lucy) came over and P grilled burgers and potatoes. I needed food like a hole in the head, but yeah I ate a burger. Then it was off to bed.

When we got up on Saturday we did take a 4 mile walk – and oh the hills! Bobbie and Dee even ran up some hills – animals! Jeff, Paul and I didn’t. It was a gorgeous day and we had an invite to Bob and LuAnn’s place for breakfast – P&L were staying with them during the remodel of their new place. The Bloody Mary’s were ready when we got there! Plus eggs, hash browns, bacon and hot cakes. It was fab and I was hungry after my walk.

Then we took off for Party Cove – Paul and I were Cove virgins. What a place – if only we were 21 instead of 51! What a show of boats and breasts. We hovered for a couple hours and just watched – Donnie and Jeff floated around on noodles a bit. I took it easy on the fluids – remembering my near catastrophe the day before!

We headed to Dirty Dogs that afternoon – a crowded place with an entertaining singer, Billy Blue or something like that. He insisted on flinging beers that weren’t Bud lite into the water. We got a couple different appetizers and I had me some weed. Jeremiah Weed the ice tea drink. It was very refreshing.

Then Dee decided we needed shots and we had red-headed sluts! Not sure what was in that baby…we headed back to the house and cleaned up a bit to go out to eat. (see there’s a recurring theme here). Captain Ron’s had a pirate theme (you know Talk Like a Pirate day is only a few weeks off – one of my fave holidays, September 19!).

I had fun shopping there. See – I DID do something besides drink and eat that day…I bought an eye patch for $1. We got home pretty early after our wild day of watching young people get crazy and foolish. Sunday was leaving day (tears here). We went to Miller’s Landing once again for breakfast – and I had to purchase the “The Liver is Evil it Must be Punished” shirt. Too funny!

Our drive home was uneventful – I read my book for the Book Chicks meeting this week. It would have been another gorgeous day to be there at the lake.

No comments: