Thursday, April 1, 2010

More than a feeling

I had that feeling today. My first day of the year with no socks. Ah...now I need a pedicure! So I can show my toesies. They are pretty rugged looking right now. I def need to get that done before my vacation.

This morning I was heading to Mount Ayr, sockless. With the windows down listening to a rocking Dave Matthews - the new one. I was filled with creative ideas to help the Ringgold County folks with their recycling problems. I remembered that my former board member Gerald McLain now lived and had a business on the square in Mount Ayr - I could stop in and say "Hi" I was cooking!

I thought about the fact that I'm going to be vacation in a week. In beautiful Southwest Florida. With my sister Cindo and Pablo the Poolboy. He will peel grapes for us and fan us with giant leaves, bringing us beverages on demand. haha. He will drive us around to our fave restaurants and take us shopping.

This nice weather just tends to perk one up. I got to Mount Ayr at 10:30 a.m. - a bit early so I popped into see Gerry - he wasn't in but his wife said to stop back. So I met with the Supes. They were nice - and confused about their obligations and options. I felt like I answered a lot of Qs for them.

Afterwards, I stopped back at Gerry's and he and wife Geraldine (it's true that are their real names) and I ate at cute place and had paninis. It was nice catching up. G and I built up Prairie Solid Waste Agency pretty much from scratch - he was as passionate about it as I and was very supportive. I owe much of my career to him.

Now I have my hours in for the pay period and am enjoying putzing at home. It's nice to be home.

No comments: