Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I'm a foot ho

Now that I did that whole I'm so chaste thing in my last blog - I turned into a total slut at the foot rub store. I mean Top Nail. I got a guy this time! He was a sweet pretty good speaking, not effeminate young Chinese man. (hope that was PC enough for you).

Oh...what the hell let me start at the beginning of my day, because the start was not nearly as good as my foot job. I was on I-235 when I noticed I did not have a fresh minty taste in my mouth...in fact I had a morning breath taste. Dang girl, I said to myself, you forgot to brush your teeth!

I went through my morning preparations thinking about my lapse in tooth hygiene - when I realized I also forgot to apply deodorant. I double checked by sticking my finger in my armpit and sniffing for deod. residue - nope, just soap. Crap! Good thing I was running a little early - probably because I didn't do have of my morning stuff.

So I turned left instead of right at my work off-ramp and swung by the QuickStore for a Deodorant and a cappuccino (purchased as cover). I might have made is safely through work without it. But you'll see that I made a wise choice..

I still made it to work just after 6:30 a.m., and had just finished my breakfast at 7 when the Fire Alarm went off! Not kidding. All us early risers popped our gopher heads over the cubicle walls - looking to see if we were really going to head to the parking ramp. Yup - we were. A half hour, and one fire truck later I was trucking up 5 flights of stairs - deodorant was necessito. And again at 10 a.m. when we did the tornado drill and trotted down five flights to the tunnels and back up again.

Then, after a full day of work we had a quickie staff meeting - my boss Al, who is very understanding and allows me to pretty much do as I wish, announced he's retiring. Crap! I'm bummed. But totally understand. The state buyout is too good to pass up. It made me sweat to think about.

Then I took off to get to my pedicure (2nd evah) - where I was serviced by the cute guy. It was good for me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, I can't believe you have only had 2 pedis--I go about every 6 wks and I am WAY more conservative than you ;)

B

lgold said...

You're way more conservative in some ways Betso, but in that girlie getting your personal space invaded stuff - I hate to tell you, but you is a raving liberal!

Anonymous said...

say it is not so, I am not sure I can handle that label ;)

lgold said...

Okay maybe I'm just tight with my cash when it comes to foo foo stuff. Hell I don't even always brush my teeth and wear deodorant...