Monday, April 19, 2010

Amy was home


Ha that was funny. My computer sometimes does this thing where it takes off on its own, opening new screens, searching words etc. I started this blog and after I wrote Amy was ho - it finished the blog and posted it. I chuckle. Computer - what are you suggesting about my baby girl?

Ah..our baby girl. It was so lovely to see her in person - and parting was such sweet sorrow this morning. I didn't even get to see her for a whole 24 hours! I think she'll agree - we probably shouldn't be together for days at a time at this stage in our lives. We do better from afar. But I loved seeing her - I didn't realize how much I've missed it.

She's cute and her voice is musical (okay it might just be a mommy's blinders). Yes, we can talk on the phone, but it just isn't the same as talking in person. Amy is a busybody - she seems to be always in motion - eating, moving, doing something. She is interesting to talk to - not afraid of laughing at herself.

Sure I sometimes seem frustrated at her situations - parking tickets, going through toll booths with no money. But I'm really proud of how she's done - moving far away, finding jobs and making a living for herself in several towns - most recently Denver. She pays her bills and doesn't have credit card debt. She's a good friend to people who deserve it and is a good employee.

On this trip she drove all day Friday to Des Moines and partied with college roomies Rachelle and Jenna that night. Saturday she headed to Ames to see her bro Judson David at his apartment and they walked to some parties - and saw some old friends including my former lil roomie Krissy. Amy had fun talking to Jud's roommates too. She enjoyed going to the little bar by his apartment that night now called Thumbs. In our day it was called Torks - it was a little place where they sold kegs for $25. Jud even gave Amy a hug when she left that night - too cute!

So this visit was too short. Just ask Odie - she shared some lovin' with her sissie. And the big news from the Kitty is she didn't react much to Amy which means she remembers her. Kitty is 15 now - we got her in 1995 for Amy's bday.

Hope to see Amy back here for Krissy and Caleb's wedding. And that will be right after we plan to be out in Denver for Memorial Day. And we'll see her at Leslie and Jordan's wedding this summer - so there are several Amy Lizzie fixes in my future to look forward to! yay!

1 comment:

amy e. goldsmith said...

aw, thanks for the blog about me. it's nice to hear those things every once in a while!