Saturday, April 24, 2010

Good start


Jud above - getting some culture at our $100 a plate meal at Beanos last Christmas
I started out the day with a nice sweaty walk - it's hilly here in southern Ioway! I'm not used to that after a winter of walking at the YMCA, last week at the beach in sunny Marco Island, Florida and the walking trails and sidewalks in Waukee - flat just like my chest. Woo baby those hills kick my ass.

My honey Pablo went with me and paced us right along - a good thing. I am a self imposed wimp. Any excuse not to work out or walk. I dislike that about myself, but what to do. I vow to get better - wish I had more internal fortitude like my buddy Deb or my spouse. I need to start doing some upper body work - what's my plan for that, huh?

Yesterday was a strange day that ended up with a headache - even before I drank a lemondrop martini. It was the funky damp wet weather I think. So by the time we met Jeff at A&G for supper at 7PM I had already taken a Frova migraine drug but my head was still pounding. So I figured WTF, why not enjoy a bevvie. So I did, but was glad to go to sleep later to fully get rid of that bastard headache. Woke up (after several wakeups during the night - stormy night) feeling okay. Phew!

Paul and Jud had a great trip to Moline to John Deere - met his mentor, a young woman named Tracy and all the people in his department. They got to tour the cyclinder area and go to lunch with many of the people he'll work with. Jud discovered they're all pretty young and there are sports fans in the group. There will be an intern softball team (Jud's Intramural team just won a shirt at ISU for a team championship), so he's excited about that. He got to see the St. Ambrose campus and the layout of where he's going to be hanging out.

It was a good day, and Paul said he thought the JD folks were happy they took time to do it. Jud asked good questions and made did us proud, looking people in the eye and shaking hands. He even knew the lingo of the people in the cylinder planning department - so he must be learning something. Our lil Juddy is growing up!

My job will be to meet Jud in DM and help him purchase more clothes for the job - business casual. I can do that!

No comments: