Thursday, April 22, 2010

What a week...

Geez - only 1 week after vacation and I'm going to have to email Chris the master masseuse for work on my uber tight shoulders! I must sat working at my desk with my shoulders hunched like Herman Munster this week...

I came back to a full plate. One chore I'm working on that is not my favorite at work is doing grant contracts. Paperwork, ugh. And I didn't sleep that well all week - last night, prior to my a.m. appointment for my annual skin check at my dermo I dreamed I could push my ago spots around on my face - which left me wondering why I couldn't just push them right off my face!?!

Instead, at today's appointment, Dr. Feldman zapped a couple pre-cancerous spots with liquid nitrogen and wants me to monitor a red spot. We'll have to biopsy it in 3 weeks if it doesn't get better. Fun!

My roomie Joan is leaving tomorrow for a trip to Vegas (baby). I just can't say Vegas without baby - they go together...Joan is going with some old friends - 3 couples I think. She's bummed because Billy her husband is busy calving and can't go, so she's left being a 3rd wheel. And the trip seems to be pretty pricey - but I say she deserves it! She works hard and doesn't get to play much. When she goes to Billy's she works hard there too - cooking, cleaning, mowing and helping with livestock. So go crazy Joanie - have a great time!

Jud and Paul are heading to Moline tomorrow to check out the joint for Jud's summer internship at John Deere. They'll tour the facilities there, go to lunch and see the St. Ambrose University dormitory where Jud will live (after 2 weeks in a motel). I decided that it would be best if I stayed home and worked - so we didn't come off looking like overly involved helicopter parents. Paul will enjoy this and he and Jud can talk football draft all the way to the Quad Cities!

No comments: