Thursday, April 29, 2010

Book Club

Ah Thea - it's just not the same without ya. Thea broke her elbow at work last week - surgery and the whole bit. Way worse than my broken foot. What is it with book club chicks anyway - are we just clumsy?

So Book Club - which is usually at Thea's, was at my place. It's just not the same. For one thing I missed Thea's girls - Peachy, Lucy and Hydrox. The last dog's name really isn't Hydrox- but Thea's old dog's name was Oreo (she, umm passed away) and T got a pound dog but I can't ever remember her real name - it might be Mimi. Or something.

And Thea is one of the original Book Club chicks. Club just isn't the same without her smiling face and her great laugh! I missed her. Vidette, Francie, Dianne, Angie and Deb made it and we had good discussion about the book. Odie loved having all those women here and got out nearly every one of her toys, and enjoyed trying to french kiss each of the girls.

I hope Thea has recovered enough next month - and is used to "winging it" with one arm for club next time. Heal fast Thea!

1 comment:

Thea said...

oh i almost felt like i was there reading your blog. sigh. what bad timing on my part. i missed you!!