Friday, April 2, 2010

Preppin' for the vaca

I'm starting to get the pre-vacation excitement jitters. Thoughts shooting through my head like - "gotta remember my beach bag". Or "can't wait to eat all that shrimp". Today I told Paul -" We gotta turn off the ice maker while we're gone". I worry about Odie while we're gone too - even though she's perfectly fine at the puppy spa (dog sitter Lila's house). They have other dogs, and it's good for her to socialize with other pooches.

Sometimes that getting worked up before vacation is just too much. I don't know why I do it to myself. It's just overboard. Stupid really. I need drugs or something - why do I get so anxious. And Pablo - he's even worse than I am!

We fly out of Kansas City early Saturday a.m. on 4/10. So Paul will prolly hardly sleep - but unlike our Christmas trip, we shouldn't have to worry about ice. (though you never know - this is the Midwest after all...)

Once we get gone, on the plane and all, I'll begin to relax. The second leg anyway. Flyway used to we kind of glamorous. Now it's like a bus terminal with other scraggly bus rider, only you're flying. So un-fun. People used to dress up to fly. Now some wear what (this means you Amy) what looks to be their jammies. I'm all for comfort, but it's not WalMart people.

When we step out of that plane and into Southwest Florida International Airport, and feel that warm moist Floridian air, I'll be in my happy place. My sister Cindo will be their to pick us up. With her smiling face and her big girl bottles of Chardonnay. Pablo, Cindo and I get along swimmingly.

One more week baby...I need to hang on and concentrate at work one more week. Lord gimme de strength. Keep garbage in my head one more week, den, let it out for another week.

No comments: