Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I'd like to

be able to blame my blow dryer (I have two now that I purchased one for each household, since I left my original one at Joan's last weekend), and my hair product (I've got cheap, and expensive take your pick). But it all comes back to me - and the faulty hair doin gene.

My hair just has a stronger constitution than I do. I can't make it mind! Good thing I made a better parent than I do hair do-er. Kinda.

Next I've got to break down my natural force field and allow someone other than Pablo to touch my feet. I need a pedicure before sunny Florida. Tomorrow or Thursday night. Stat! (I just felt like saying that).

For some strange reason, today, while cooking with Crisco at work, (no not really - that means I was just really busy and kept up a steady stream of work) I came to the realization that while I consider myself fairly liberal regarding social causes, personally I've actually been quite conservative.

Aside from a bit of dabbling in some herbs my freshman year of college, illegal drugs were out for this kid. Not even tempted. And my virtue - my Catholic school girl sense of guilt was highly developed and I didn't follow my older sister's Cindo's advice. (She told me "Don't wait - sex is fun!") I waited anyway. Okay not until I got married - but longer than most.

I guess what I'm saying is that I hold myself to more conservative standards than I hold others to. Isn't that weird? Split personality? Bi-polar?

4 comments:

Alternative Leslie said...

Just catching up--we had a great time in Fort Meyers and came back tan and relaxed! Paul M and I met the announcer for the Red Sox at a bar after a game and we got to try on his two World Series rings. Hey--for a great pedicure, try Today's Nails on Railroad & Grand in WDM--(Hy-Vee & strip mall). I've gone there for years & love them. Have fun in the sun!! (P.S.--still miffed at Sahar's but you can use my $50 gift certificate if you want to :0) Just be Leslie Marie Goldsmith & it'll work!!

Kris said...

I think you are right where you are supposed to be... remember, those that hold others to higher standards than themselves are called hypocrites. I think it's about everyone being able to make the choices they want to, and you are making your own (albeit conservative) choices. Live and let live. :)

lgold said...

Oh Ms Leslie M you must go back and get that wax job. That's cool about the rings and the announcer. Paul GG and Judson will be jealous. Glad you had fun on your trip.

Anonymous said...

I knew there was still hope for you being conservative ;)

B