Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Got my hair did

Yep, I went to the fancy schmancy salon in West Des Moines to get my hair done, instead of the beauty parlor in Creston to get my hair did. It was quite the experience. I'd have to say about the only things Sahar's and Hair House have in common are the gossipy magazines you get to read while your hair is doing its color thing. Here's the link: http://www.sahars.com/

When I walked in the door just before 5 PM I was ready for something different. Until one year ago I spent the past ten years going to Hair Designers in Corning - Sherry was nice, and did a fine job with my hair - but she never got too crazy. When I took the job up here, I had to break up with her. It was just too much driving to go to Corning for my hair.

So I tried Amber at Hair House at my friend Patti's (she just turned Granny yesterday - congrats! Evelyn was born to Caleb and wife Charlotte on 3/16) recommended her). But a few weeks ago Amber moved to Burlington with her husband - so I tried Woody at hair house. He's gay - I know, I am totally stereotyping - but shouldn't he be a natural? NOT. I got a mullet.

Diana and Nancy both highly recommended Sarah Darby - married to Casee Piel's former HS BF, Lucas. And what a cutee he was, back in the day when I worked at Gits and CHS played in the state tourney. D and Nan said Sarah was a whiz who would tell it to me straight. And did she!

The top of your hair looks like a loaf of bread she said - like small town stylists cut it. I don't know why they do that, she pondered. You've got a couple styles going on?!? Do you like this color? Do you want it short? Yes I do I said. But not much input on end. I like the end product and like her. She's a pistol. And it wasn't much more than it costs in Creston. And I'm worth it.

2 comments:

amy e. goldsmith said...

i want to see before and after pics.

Alternate Leslie Goldsmith said...

I am going to Sahar's on Wednesday for some touchin' up before we head to Florida. May I charge my bill to you??? I am so glad to hear that you like your hair. I am getting a pedicure, manicure and a waxing of my lower extremities--a first for me and I am nervous!