Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Evening in Ameless

I had a long day - starting with a budget meeting in Altoona - ending with a meal in Ames with my son Juddy David.

But my day really started (I think it was after midnight but I didn't check my clock) when I awoke from a dead sleep with what must have been a vivid dream. I thought I saw a bat fly from my pillow area up into a vent in the ceiling above my head. How was I going to get back to sleep with a bat up there? Of course I didn't have my glasses on.

So I turned on the little light by the bed and allowed my head to clear. I looked upward. Sheeeit. There's no vent there! I thought a little bit more. I was dreaming! It wasn't a real bat. Phew.

Then I rode with Bill and Kathleen to the joint (Solid Waste/Financial and Biz Assistance) Budget meeting at the Altoona Library. Bad news in the garbage world. Catch 22 - our job is to help people to reduce garbage, but when that actually happens, our revenues suck!

When we talked about a couple of the projects (and accompanying projected budgets) that I work on, my big boss - our Bureau Chief, praised me. Awww shucks.

After that I had to head to Ramsey Subaru to get the rear wheel well protectors put back into my car. Then I headed to Ames - first to my fave shopping spot Jax, where I scored a new winter jacket - Columbia for $55!

Then out to supper with Jud. It's nice to have him all to myself. He really seems to be thinking about his future - where he might want to live and work when he graduates. It sounds like he might want to live in the Midwest, wherever he can get a job.

Paul called and the fountain in our basement is temporarily piped into the drain - so no swimming pool downstairs for us. Last night Paul drained over 100 gallons during the night - he hardly slept! I'm glad it's under control. And no more bats please...

1 comment:

Thea said...

ohgod, rememeber when i had all those bats?! I wonder what brought your dream about? :)