Thursday, March 11, 2010

Da Wiena


Odie in bun costume
I'm sitting here watching TV with the wiener dog on my lap. She gave me a scare this past week. Bitch (literally). It was just a week ago today - when I got home (use your wayback time machine to pretend).

I got home and Odie greeted me happily as usual. At supper Paul mentioned that she drank a lot of water at lunchtime. Jud noticed a small lump on her side just after Christmas - and I've been keeping track of it. It hasn't grown - at least not much - it seems very similar to a fatty tumor that Moki had.

We went to bed, but owing to the excitement of being home ('nuff said about that) I was still awake at midnight when Odie got up and drank lots of water. You may (or may not) recall that Moki the Wonder Dog was Diabetic starting at age 6. Diagnosed after I noticed him drinking lots of water.

So I lay awake most of the night worrying about Odie being diabetic, and having a tumor. I even got up and read the Internet details about canine diabetes. I also read up on other reasons why she might be drinking water.

I considered crying, but decided I didn't want to have a plugged up nose and puffy eyes. Wise choice - don't ya think? I considered the fact that we'd been scattering salt on the walk all winter and Odie was walking out there. Plus she gets allergies when wet grass is exposed and boy is it wet.

Friday a.m. I made an appointment at the vet for a checkup. Odie now weighs just over 14 pounds. She needs more exercise! Her eyes are bloodshot so allergies are a problem. Her anal gland was impacted. I averted my eyes while Dr. Brus deflowered her. The tumor is in a weird spot and the doc aspirated it - just fatty. Phew! But we need to keep an eye on it.

Hey - she just drank a bunch of h2o again. After the Moki thing - it still makes me nervous.

Update on the whole wall/fountain/leak thing. Paul showed the me the temp fix of the wall leak - it looks like at catheter. Several thousand gallons must have gone through the hoses so far. Crazy stuff.

No comments: