Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Feeling Frosty


Not to say I wouldn't like a frosty one. Though the Doc did say beer would taste a lot like soda pop - flat. So I'll stick with lemon drops. I do think I'll ask Joanie if she wants to meet me tomorrow after I get my hair did (just threw that in there for you grammar po-lice).

Frosty, the light up snowman lit my way to Joan McFee Bentley's house my first winter here on NE Sunrise Drive. The street is filled with twinhomes that are all very similar, so it's a good thing we had Frosty to show me the way - cuz it was also winter and dark!

This winter was hard on Frosty, Joan, me and Krissy our little buddy who also stayed with us a bit. We scooped snow, chopped ice, jumped Krissy's car. I fell on my ass once - but didn't get hurt because I was bundled up. We sprinkled toxic salt that did a number on the driveway and sidewalk. I can't actually believe the pile o'snow is gone by St. Patrick's day!

Notice half of Frosty's smile is gone - he was once covered with an inch thick of ice. His lights are askew. One time his power source was even chopped off! Dang, poor guy. Soon Joan will pop him into the garage for the season. Knowing her, she'll fashion a new mouth before next winter!

I'm excited for my haircut tomorrow with Sarah. I hear tell she's brutally honest - I hope she doesn't break into Cindo's Helmet Head song there at Sahar. Let's hope it's the new me after my cut and color.

No comments: