Monday, March 1, 2010

Bday boy


It's my special fish's birthday today - Paul George Goldsmith, Pisces born March 1, 1958. Yes he's nearly 4 months younger than I am. I wobbed the cwadle. (said with Baily Rodger's Rs for those of you from Creston).

Paul is the youngest of 9 - born when is mother Laura bless her soul, was 43 years old. Can't believe her uterus hadn't already fallen out by then, but she did have a hysterectomy after that. Catholic birth control - allowable. Paul's oldest sis Carol was 18 when he was born and headed out to nursing school shortly after. Growing up, he slept in a bed with 2 of his brothers.

I thank my lucky stars the day I met Paul. Even though I didn't know it at the time. I didn't really even think much about him at all - though I thought his friends were hot. He seemed highly organized and hyper about the softball team he put together. Eventually he asked me out - lacking other options at the time, I said yes.

We had a good time - double dating with friends. I didn't think it would ever be any thing that might last. But slowly we became a couple. I've blogged before about how like then turned into love - during my time in Sioux Falls.

We got married in 1982 when we were 24. We've now been married 27+ years - longer than we each were single. Yikes! We've gone through a lot together. Good times and bad. Happy, sad, mad, drunk, sick, joyous, grieving, goofy and on and on.

We can complete each other's sentences and sometimes he says things I'm thinking. Weird. I can't imagine anybody else putting up with me like he does. Well I guess Joan does, but only 3 nights a week. And we're not making decisions together.

I'm a lucky gal - I freely admit it. Paul's bday is a happy day for me!

No comments: