Thursday, March 18, 2010

Head O'Knuckles




Little Jordie left (before many years and $$ of orthodontia), with Mom and Little Leslie (who is getting married 7/17) in my paradise - Marco Island. I'm sure they're wearing beach shoes that Mom and Dad purchased for them especially for this trip. Looks like a successful shell hunting trip!

I was a knucklehead today. I do not like being a knucklehead. It all started liked this...wavy line to flash back. I got to work at my usual 6:30 a.m. and it was pretty quiet until 8ish, when Becky (she of baby due in a few weeks) stopped by my cubicle to chat about her recent Dr. visit.

As we talked my phone vibrated indicating a call, but I politely silenced it. Then a few minutes later, when Becky retired to her desk, I checked my phone to see that it was baby girl Amy who had called. I texted her to say I couldn't talk - it was unusually quiet around my cubicle and I didn't think a personal call would be good. I suggested we talk during my upcoming drive to Ames for a 10 a.m. meeting.

Time flew of course and before I knew it, it was 9 and I needed to get on the road - I planned to head home to Creston right from the meeting. I set up my Outlook Out of Office Assistant, powered down the 'ol computer and grabbed up my meeting stuff and took off. Amy and I had a good talk enroute - I used the handsfree earbuds and microphone.

Upon arrival at the Ames Waste to Energy facility I considered whether or not to take my purse in with me. Purse? What purse. I forgot my F'n purse! (you know how I like to swear). What an airhead. Now I would have to stop back by the office for it on my way back home. At least the office WAS on my way back home. Lucky lunch was provided at the meeting!

I don't often walk off without stuff. I'm impatient with people that are forever doing that.
Which reminds me of my sometimes absent minded oldest sissie - Suso. She once left my sweet little niece Jordan (she was only like 6) at a gas station pit stop in Nebraska while traveling home to Colorado from Iowa. She and my niece Leslie thought Jordan was under a blanket in the back seat. They got about 50 miles down the road before discovering Their error. In the meantime the nice truck stop ladies were feeding Jordan soda pop. Talk about a parent's nightmare!?!

I'm blaming my airhead move on my new hairdo!

No comments: