Thursday, March 19, 2009

Brady Bunch Banned




My Mom - Pat B. banned viewage of the Brady Bunch show because it was so far from reality. My sister Betsy would try to tune it in while Mom prepared supper and Mom would put the kibosh on it. No way are you watching that stupid show she'd say.

It seems kinda funny that she did let us watch The Addams Family and The Munsters - yep those were realistic Mom. The Munsters were a little corny for my taste - Fred was just so goofy and dumb. Grandpa was kinda cool though.

I liked the Addams Family better because they were a little naughty. And Tish and Gomez were hot for each other. Plus I know all the words to the song! My sister Cindy was Cousin It for Halloween one year - she wore a mop on her head and a fuzzy bathrobe and slippers.

Back to the Bradys. Of course, we ended up watching the Bradys as reruns during daytime TV. So we got in on Marsha, Marsha, Marsha episode. And I also remember Jan trying out to be a cheerleader at Fillmore Junior High. I liked Alice - she was pretty butch to have a boyfriend though. Do you remember the show Hazel - she was a housekeeper for Mr. B? She and Alice could have been domestic partners!

Ah the sitcoms of old were much more naive than today's sitcoms. Though I appreciate the edginess of the new shows, but a part of me misses those innocent days of 60's and 70's TV.

No comments: