Monday, March 23, 2009

Busted...

Or in my case - not amply busted. Finding Nearly "A" cup brassieres to purchase is not easy. Finding bras that are less than A cup that do not have a bunch of padding is nigh impossible. Oh you can find those little half undershirt like things that have no shape. But you can't find a decent damn bra.

I haven't often been bothered by the fact that I didn't get blessed with bosoms. When I was in 6th grade or so, and they first started growing, in fact, I cursed them - probably permanently stunting their growth. (It probably didn't help that Mom was pretty small breasted, I suppose.) A tomboy does not want to grow breasts and to start to wear a bra. Pretty traumatic!

By mid 7th grade, after my dad had totally embarrassed me by snapping my bra. I got used to the idea the boobs were around to stay. But they never did get much bigger. My dad always cheered me up by saying "oh they would just get in the way when you golf - just like a couple apples hanging off your chest." Way to look at the bright side Dad!

I was happy I didn't have huge knockers when AHS finally got a girl's basketball program. That didn't look comfy - trying to run with huge boobs. Those chesty gals got lots of attention from the boys though. But I didn't get the feeling it was good attention.

When Amy was a senior in high school, during homecoming, the girls played football in the Powder Puff game. And some of the guys dressed up as cheerleaders - complete with balloon breasts. Man they couldn't keep their hands off the things - finally breasts they could touch all they wanted to! The moms got a kick out of it.

Back to the task at hand. So, note to bra manufacturers of the world. There are chicks (and even more mature women) out here that are proud and loud about being happily small busted. We demand comfortable, attractive brassieres without fakey looking excess padding. It can't be that hard to make.

No comments: