Sunday, March 22, 2009

Man parties


Last night I attended a jewelry party at my friend Lynn's house. I went with a couple women I hadn't seen in a while and there were other friends to catch up with at the party, plus some ladies I'd never met before. We played the "What's in Your Purse" game. I scored with peppermints and a jump drive, but didn't win the $10 discount. We had interesting food and drinks and I was home pretty early after purchasing some earrings to be delivered later.

Later that night, I got to thinking about those parties - I've been many through the years. Tupperware, Sexy Stuff, Baskets, Jewelry, Makeup, Kitchen Stuff, Home Interiors and more. But Paul's never been to a one!

Imagine if you will, a world in which men freely conversed like women do. If they had parties to enjoy each others' company and purchase fine products sold by other men, just like women do.

Invitation
Dude, come to my place Wednesday around 7. We can check out the latest in (insert Tools, Hunting Gear, Video Equipment) together. We can talk about sports, hunting conquests and lawns.

I'm serving beer, pretzels, and some form of meat. You will not need to share feelings or emotions. You can make most bodily noises you'd like to. We'll play that game "What's in Your Wallet?" to see what type of credit cards you have. Like if you have a Black Cabela's card you'll get $10 off your party purchase because we'll all be so impressed.

Hmmm - probably won't happen soon.

No comments: