Wednesday, March 11, 2009

L Word


I'm not a lesbian but I may play one to get books. You see I used to go to Creston's Matilda Gibson Public Library (or Libary as my sister Cindy says Mom pronounced it) each week. Nowdays, living in Waukee during the week puts a crimp in my library time.

I need to go check out the Waukee Public Library to see if I am eligible to check out books from there. I may have to tell them I'm Joan's lesbian partner to get a library card. Or maybe they'll have a simpler solution and I'm just fretting about it needlessly - making life more complex than it really is.

I'm also a big fan of the cheap hardback books I can get at bookstores. I refuse to pay $8.99 for a paperback. (unless I'm desperate - like an addict chasing that next crack high) But paying $5.99 for a hardback is okay - especially if I take advantage of Taco Tuesday and only spend $1.98 for supper. (yes, that's me justifying my addiction in a totally illogical manner)

Tomorrow night I'm heading home - yabba dabba do! I'll go to A&G tomorrow night for a send off to a newer friend who is moving away from Creston. Mary has been in our bookclub for the past year+. She started out pretty quiet, but soon began feel comfy enough with the group to share her views on each book and participate in the chatty stuff we usually end up talking about after the official discussion.

We'll miss you Mary!

No comments: