Friday, September 2, 2011

It's like the day before school!

Except it's the day before game day! I'm so excited to get this party started. In fact we didn't wait...last night we sat in McKim's driveway in lawn chairs with the RV and had a couple cocktails.

Oh, we pretended we were going to help Diana and Donnie get the 92 Pace Arrow ready. But we just sipped bevvies, and chatted. Bobbie told us about the McFee trip to Colorado in August.

Jeff showed up after farm chores in his new t shirt Kimmy brought him from Okinawa. It's black with Japanese writing on it. She told him it says "good looking guy" or something like that. Don got wound up and started doing his Japanese accent with his idea of what it said: "white guy, small dick." Stuff like that.

Our consersations end up being a great deal like a Seinfeld episode. About nothing! But we laugh a lot. We did get something done - we planned the food for Saturday:
  • Thinly cut ribeyes for sandwiches (and there is an apron in the RV so Paul doesn't ruin his shorts this year)
  • Buns
  • Diana has pondered making potato salad though I don't know when she might do that...unless she stayed up until 2 a.m (wouldn't put it past her)
  • Some various dips
  • I'm making bar/brownies (don't get too excited - they're from a box)
  • Various chips
  • Venison summer sausage, cheese, crackers
  • I'm sure there will be other stuff I'm forgetting - I didn't write down what Bobbie was making
Don and Diana are driving up to Norwalk to the Creston High School game tonight, as son Ryan is a coach for CHS. Then they'll drive on to Ames to get situated. Then Don will drive back to Creston as he has to work, eyeballing eye patients tomorrow until noonish. Bobbie, Jeff, Pablo and I will take off mid morning. Judson David is driving to Iowa City with GF Kara tonight for a family event with her - then he's driving on to Ames tomorrow. I can't wait - kickoff at 6 PM. Go Cyclones!

One bad thing - I totally forgot I was supposed to be at book club last night - didn't put it on my calendar and didn't think of it once all week. I hate missing book club! Good thing I was having fun at something else instead...
2010 first game

No comments: