Sunday, September 25, 2011

My boyfriend's back

Bearded mountain man look
I'm finally caught up on my sleep. Paul arrived home Friday from his hunting trip about 12:30 a.m. So of course we had to talk and get caught up on each others' lives - which took a couple hours. Setting me back on my beauty sleep. I'm used to talking to the guy each and every day. We tell each other pretty much everything. So I was kinda lost without him and our daily talks.

It always bugs me when somebody says "Where's your better half?" But when he was gone, I didn't feel like something was missing. So I'm glad Paul is back. He seems glad to be home. And happy to have real food.

Paul lost about 10 pounds on the hunting diet. MRE's (meals ready to eat) and oatmeal were the main fare. Just add boiling water and it's a meal! Instant coffee too. Yum. Plus he did lots of hiking in high elevations near Snowmass, Colorado. The scenery was beautiful he said, and the photos show it to be true. He had one shot only at a 5x5 elk bull, and unfortunately missed. (or...did I really want a giant elk head someplace in my house?)

He enjoyed the many hours of conversation with Kevin Reynolds, his hunting partner - and former roomie some 30 or so years ago. They used to shoot mice along their floorboards in the old farmhouse they lived in. I'm glad they traveled safely, and my honey - my better half is now home with me.

2 comments:

amy e. goldsmith said...

he used to live with kevin? when was this?

lgold said...

Before we and Kevin and Kim got married they lived in a farmhouse outside Oakland together. They were too cheap to fill up the propane the the toilet froze.

did you see the homecoming blog - I put more photos in it...