Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Bull(ock) in a China Shop

I always feel so awkward in Victoria's Secret stores. I stopped in one recently to pick up a gift for a person who shall not be named. Like a bull in a china shop - ready to trip and knock a bunch of thongs over. Is it due to the nerdy phone on my belt? Um, nope. I think I'd feel just that nerdy anyway. Perhaps my second X chromosome didn't fully form.

I've explained before in this blog how inept I feel when I try to do girlie things like use a curling iron or put on makeup. Those things just don't come natural to me like say, digging manure out of a horse hoof with a hoof pick.

Hey, they're talking about umbrella being feminine on a TV show I'm watching right now - and I avoid carrying them. Again - my lack a fully formed second X. Lucky for me I didn't turn out transgender. Not that there's anything wrong with that - but it would have made life even tougher than feeling awkward in chick stores.

I took my leftover Jason's Deli sandwich out to Governor's Square for lunch today - mid 70's and gorgeous. My kinda weather. The first bench I picked was near these beautiful flowers.
You probably can't see it - but there's bumble bees buzzing around in there. The next bench I looked at was near this.
Hard to see - a grasshopper - yuck!


I hate grasshoppers! Finally I found a nice quiet bench. This was the view on the walk back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

no, I believe it is more thinking of Dave Bullock and what he would think of said undergarments! Agree on the grasshoppers--detassling corn made me a hopper hater!