Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Lover man

Oh where can you be?

Do you remember Lady Sings the Blues? My high school homies and I loved that movie about the legendary blues singer (and heroin addict) Billie Holiday. The movie featured Miss Diana Ross and Billy Dee Williams - before his Star Wars days. Sexy. I purchased the record album and memorized it.



My frosh year of college Robyn and Chris D. came to visit me in the the dorm - back in the day when dorms weren't nearly cushy like they are today. You had to go down the hall to the shower - and there just happened to be 3 of them lined up in a row. We three girls showered at the same time and somehow started belting out, "Lady sings the blues. She's got 'em bad. She feels so sad. Wants the world to know. Just what her blues is all about." The theme song from the movie. And let me tell ya - them gals can sing! (and I fake it pretty well in the shower).

So today, as Paul headed off to Colorado hunting, out of cell phone reach, another of the movie songs, "Lover Man oh Where Can You Be?" popped into my head. At least he left a map showing the area where he'll be. And Amy called to check on me already. ;>) 


No comments: