Monday, September 12, 2011

I found a gem

I've been checking music out from the library again. And I found a gem of a song - heard it whilst walking into the sun setting over a cornfield in the fall of the year (yep, it's hard to believe but it's looking like fall and that corn looks like it's nearly ready to harvest) in Waukee, Iowa.

The quality of the light was muted, and it had a beauty to it I can't describe with words. But it went very well with Pretty Donna by Collective Soul - an instrumental piece - mostly strings.
it does feel like a piece of my soul...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRAgBkrpmm0

I started thinking about the fact that my beloved Pablo is leaving me. No not permanently because I'm an obstinate biatch! On Wednesday Paul's going bow hunting for elk in Colorado for 10 days. This will be the longest stretch I'll go without seeing him...well...since last time he went hunting in Colorado 12 years ago.

When he leaves, it reminds me how very much I rely on him. It's scary. So it's probably good that he goes a way - to remind me that I am a mature (getting more so every day) adult woman that can take care of myself. Pretty Donna - the song, made me get just a few tears in my eyes though - for the beauty of Iowa, and the sadness I'm feeling.

No comments: