Monday, September 19, 2011

It was a beautiful day

Thanks so much mother nature - for saving it for Monday! Phew - had an insecure moment just now. I worried that Lila didn't pick Odie the dog up this morning after I left her at our house. So I texted Lila, and she reassured me that yes, she did pick up my wienie dog baby. Phew!

I came right home to Joan's after work tonight so I could go for a walk. I just had to get outside. Joan had the same idea. So we walked and talked - something we did very little of this summer. Cuz it was so damn hot. Joan is in recovery - she got into something when she was in Diagonal at her husband's recently. Poison oak or ivy? But the damn stuff keeps spreading, even now, a couple weeks later. She has welts that itch and make her miserable. Poor girl. She's been doctoring it herself with benedryl and calamine stuff.

I got to talk to Pablo yesterday briefly - as and Kevin finally made it to the hunting area. They've been delayed by bad weather - rain, sleet, and even snow. It was good to hear his voice. He was anxious to hear about the Cyclone game, and wanted me to keep him posted about the Packer game yesterday. I texted him later with the score - the Pack won ugly. He texted back - aren't cell phones amazing, he's on top of a frigging mountain!?!? He wanted to know what the problem was, did they have a lot of turnovers? And by the way - he missed me. HA! He just threw that in at the end of the text. He really just wanted football info. LOL My honey...I know what his priorities are.

No comments: