Sunday, September 18, 2011

Ridin' solo

And I don't like it. For one thing - being home alone is lonely. No offense Kitty and Odie. You keep me warm at night, but you're not much for conversation. And keeping the house running? Over-rated!

Today, I realized I hadn't checked the kitty litter and food since I'd gotten home. I know! How awful of me! I used to always be the one in charge of all pet activities and food/output. Until I got pregnant that first time and read about the parasite cat poop can carry - causing toxoplasmosis. I jumped right on that! And Pablo took over cat scooping duties and has carried them out admirably ever since - some 26+ years. And I'm not even of child-bearing age any more (I think he knows I no longer have a uterus).

Suddenly this morning it hit me - I bet the cat didn't stop pooping, just since Paul left. Sure enough, she didn't! There was a nice little mess on the floor to clean up. Kitty does not like dirty litter.  I guess I don't blame her. I decided the litter area needed the once over before the cat-care providers (the neighbors the Taylors) come tomorrow. so I got out the shop-vac and the mop this afternoon after church. Now the place looks spic and span again. Kitty should be pleased.

No comments: