Wednesday, August 31, 2011

People watching

My buddy Paula mentioned how much she enjoys people watching. I like it too. Interesting creatures! Like the guy I saw drive by the Wallace Building this afternoon when I got off work tonight - he had a big long goatee. What is it saying? Why does someone grow a long beard like that?
Check out this hair - it was the helmut head look. I wonder how I got it so straight, except for the alfalfa spot?
I'm sure people a few people look at the way I look and wonder what I've got going on. Hmm a grown woman with Justin Bieber hair? Well guess what - I had this hair in 7th grade - so I beat Justin! And even though I've had a gazillion styles in between (all short) it's back in baby!

The Des Moines Triathlon is being held in DSM this weekend. The finish line (or starting line) must be right by the State Capitol Building, right by my office. So I snapped a few photos after work.


This morning I visited Dr. Ava Feldman, cheery Dermo to the stars and regular chicks who have Bieber hair. I prepaid $200 on my credit card a month ago for her to zap up 8, count 'em barnacles (not a scientific term) off of my person.
Moki before he got too crusty...
I remember when Moki, our West Highland White Terrier started getting barnacles - those crusty skin growths, once old age crept up on him. He had one smack on top of his head - that became so much a part of his being. But I don't want crusty skin growths to be part of my being. AND as a bonus - she zapped a large freckle (translate age spot) on my cheek. This age thing is not for the timid!

No comments: