Tuesday, August 2, 2011

It's August!

And I've no one to get ready for school! It's the first time in 20 years. Amy used to get so jacked up for "back to school" that she'd put her name on each crayon.  I'm being nostalgic, I know - it's not like I took Judson Goldsmith to buy folders and college-lined paper for his senior year at Iowa State last August. He did call me to ask if he should buy his books online and stuff like that though!

And so it goes. I'm growing up! I'm not sure I like it. And then I do - the end of tuition and paying Jud's rent. That part is good. Thinking about attending ISU football games without a college student seems strange. I'm trying to move on with my life...

I'm planning out my month - it'll be a busy one:
  • Goldsmith Reunion in Preston, MN coming up next weekend - hope to leave Thursday night August 11th, so we can kayak Friday on the Upper Iowa River. Paul will golf Saturday so I'll have to come up with something to do that day...since I'm not into golf. It sounds like all 7 siblings should make it - can't wait to see them.
  • Lynyrd Skynyrd/Doobies at the Iowa State Fair on 8/16 - that's after I work in the Recycling Trailer that day until 2 PM. Bobbie/Jeff, Pablo and 10 more of our friends are coming up to party to those rockers!
  • We're driving down to Lake of the Ozarks that Thursday night, 8/18, for a few days at Higgins' beautiful lake home to hang with Al, Sharon and Don and Diana McKim. It's always a good time! We'll have to cut it short this year though as we're heading to
  • Nashville, TN early Monday the 22nd. Paul is traveling with me as I'm speaking at WasteCon - don't laugh. It's real! A conference all about trash at the Opryland Hotel Resort. We'll be there through Thursday a.m. and hope to get a chance to check out the area. Some of my trashy friends will be there so it should be a good time. (except for the talking part - working on my PowerPoint now).
By then, the month will be about shot! Let's hope this heat is gone too. Satan called - he's not sure if he wants his weather back or not.

No comments: