Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Babs, Carol Ann and Mandy

The Poolboy hopped in his car...well, my car tonight and drove up to the big city to go out to eat with his sis Carol, her daughter Barb and Barb's daughter Mandy, age 12. Paul has my car as he's preparing it to go to NE Iowa to kayak. He arrived early at Scheels to they could help him adjust his bow for hunting.

I got there around 5:30 PM and looked around the store while he finished up. Then together we cruised through Dillards. The Dooney and Burke purses are looking might fine. Must have a new one for my bday! We hit the Barnes and Noble for baby gifts for the new slew of Goldsmith great nieces and nephew. Of course we had to get books for the big sister and big brothers too! I hope Paul remembers what to wrap for whom!

We met Carol and the Archer girls at PF Chang. It was my first time there. I loved the lettuce wraps. The entree was nothing to brag about - Paul and I split a chicken dish. But we also split a rib appetizer with rub. Those were yummy!

It was fun catching up with three generations of that fam. Carol had big news! She sold her lake place just today and will move back to Northwood, finishing the place she and Bud had built. I'm happy for her. I'm sure she's a bit sad about it. It's a beautiful place -but we worry about her that far from all the fam.

Barb recently started a new job at Blue Cross. Mandy is a sweet kid - so patient to be around adults and no act bored. I forgot to ask where Barb's hubby Mike was tonight. Pablo just called - he made it back to Creston without any deer denting my car. I plan to head home tomorrow - will skip out before 4 PM when the crowd starts to head in to downtown for the State Fair parade!

No comments: