Monday, August 15, 2011

Stuff

  • I love the Urbandale Library and it's Frank Lloyd Wright architecture
  • They have such a selection of books and CDs
  • They have MP3 CDs - that I've never seen that type before...each one holds 6 or 7 worth. Nice to not have to switch often, as it nearly always happens when I'm in traffic!
library from my car window
  • I have had headaches 3 days in a row. That's what happens when I forget to take my Topamax (migraine prevention drug)! I forget when I'm out of my element - as I was in the motel this weekend. I didn't really even drink alcohol the whole time. Taking my medication for when I actually get migraines is rather draining.
  • Tomorrow I work at the State Fair in the recycling trailer. I need to put my "meet the public" face on to answer questions about recycling, and mountain lions and septic systems. I get to hand out pencils and shopping bags. Yahoo!
  • I'm getting excited for the concert tomorrow night. Paul and I are going with 12 friends. Except it was supposed to be Lynyrd Skynyrd - and now Ronnie Van Zandt is ill. So we'll see Kansas - whom we saw last summer at Red Rock. I bet Deardorff and Bacon remember when we saw them at Summer Jam on a hot summer day in Iowa. One of the singers said "It's hotter than pig fu*$ out here!" I think it might be a bit cooler tomorrow night. The Doobie Brothers (less Michael McDonald) will be here as well. Jesus is Just Alright!
  • Then I have to reign it in for a couple more work days before we head out for Lake of the Ozarks with McKims and Higgins. Poolboy and I only get to be there a couple days...it's hardly worth the drive. But we keep thinking it's an awful long winter and we'll be mad at ourselves if we don't do it!

No comments: