Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Yakking

I need to get fired up! I'm get to go kayaking Friday - on the Upper Iowa, my fave kayaking river. I've had a rough week...and I'm feeling mopey. So I've got one day to get out of mopesville - tomorrow is it. My crabbiness will dissipate tomorrow at around 4 PM.

Why the bad week? I'm sure you're dying to know - because none of you have had your own stuff do deal with. Sunday was a great day...walking and kayaking with Deb. And Monday started out well, with breakfast with my homies. But went downhill when I got to work.

I had worked on a PowerPoint presentation for my Nashville talk for 2 days. It was based on a paper I had written for that event. The problem is four of us are doing the talk together on our Environmental Management System Pilot Project (I know - I bet you're sad you won't get to see it!) - and 1 person (not me - another queen bee) is in charge of melding all the presentations together. I get to present last, and didn't have the benefit of seeing the other people's stuff before doing mine.

The Queen Bee dissed my presentation and nixed half the slides I worked so hard on. My giant ego was crushed and it was back to the drawing board. I finally finished version 2 today. That all happened late Monday.

After work that night I decided to shop - figured that should perk me up, right? I even had a coupon for Eddie Bauer. But no luck. Stopped at HyVee for a few things on my way to Joan's - then discovered I'd forgotten to drop off my 3 bags of clothes at Goodwill on the way there, AND my milk was leaking. Yep, TRAGIC!

You know what...writing it all down...it all sounds pretty stupid and not worth being crabby over. I'm still mostly sad because of Boldie's illness and another friend who is also ill. I need to find a way to deal with this stuff.

And I get to kayak Friday!

No comments: