Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Dumb stuff

Weeds. Joan has free Showtime viewing this week. So I'm watching Weeds year um 5? Paul and I watched the first couple years on DVD. It's the story of a woman in California whose husband died, she has two young sons and she doesn't know how she'll make ends meet. She winds up marketing pot. It was pretty funny that first year!

Mary-Louise Parker plays Nancy Botwin plays the mom. I've always liked her since she was in Fried Green Tomatoes. Kevin Nealon of Saturday Night Live fame plays a small part in the show. From what I can tell, jumping ahead to this season, they whole fam is still pretty messed up. The say the F word a lot - which I still can't get used to, no matter how long cable has been on TV. Once free Showtime is over, I won't miss Weeds.

I headed out to Jordan Creek after work to get a cover for Nan. That's my new Nook's name. I don't usually name things - that's Amy's thing. But Nan - Nook. It just went together. I also got talked into some type of clear cover sheets - to prevent glare. What a racket! I did get a book downloaded though, and now have Pandora on my Nan. So I can listen to the radio on her. Cool.

While at the mall I came across this cute lil outfit I could have gotten for Odie.

Instead I bought new shirts for Paul and me, along with a visor for me. Sorry Odie - you'll have to stick with your bun.

2 comments:

Andra said...

Zach and I watched Weeds through Netflix streaming. I agree, the 1st season was good but after that it got to crazy for me. I don't know why I kept watching.

Anonymous said...

I think the look in Odie's eyes says "what the hell?" is up with this hotdog get up?