Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Are you jonesin'

Below - 3 of my fave things. Kayak, Little Bar restaurant and my big sis Cindo. Above -view from our condo.


for my blog? If you are then you might need to get a life! Haha! Note: I would have said LOL, but my big sis Susi used to think LOL stood for Lots of Love. So she would email her lovely daughters (my nieces Jordan and Leslie) with bad news - such as "Grandpa is in the hospital" LOL! They couldn't figure out why she was so jovial with bad news. We've got her straightened out now.

Have you ever been ridiculed for singing the wrong words to songs? Honestly - some of those people should get the shit out of their mouths when they are singing - how are you supposed to understand them? Jud used to insist that Queen was singing "Kicking their trat all over the place". Right Jud - trat is NOT a word.

I must admit thought that I mumble through some songs that I sing along to. The real words don't always make sense anyways.

So, I've been on vacation. If you're on Facebook, then you know we had a great time. I'll post some pics this weekend. 1905 Gulfview Club in Marco Island, FL is a great place to be. In past years we stayed in Mom and Dad's unit #1211. The layout of this place was the same, and the beds were better - at least in the guest bedroom. And the view...beach and pool, what could be better?

My sis Cindy was there with us - we all get along swimingly. You'd be surprised to learn that Paul hardly even has to talk, since Cindy and I handle that chore. He reads like a maniac when he's there - hardly coming up for breath. He did surface to consume twin lobster tails - which was also the meal of choice for Cindy's 55th birthday.

Nearly every day we walked 3-4 miles on the beach. I picked up a few shells, and even walked in the Gulf one day. It was pretty crowded this year -due to Easter I guess. There were lots of foreigners on the Island - English accents, Dutch, Germans and Italians to name a few. We got to listen to them chat around the pool.

We attended the dumbest movie I've seen in a long while one afternoon when it was a bit chilly and windy. "Knowing" is the new Nicholas Cage movie. Believe me when I say - you'd rather not Know! I felt like walking out and we all agreed that it seemed like halfway thru another writer/director took over and the plot went off the rails.

I found my new favorite store in my favorite outlet mall. The Columbia Outlet. Very cool, and cheap!

Now we're home and I've worked a couple days already. Seems like I never left!

No comments: