Tuesday, April 28, 2009

It's your last chance


"It's your last change Dave Bullock". I don't' know how many of those mailings we've received in the past two years since Dad died. I always chuckle to myself. He did love to order things - he could just reach out from his toasty grave (not that he's in hell, but he was cremated) and ring up one last purchase.


The year after Mom passed away, our family went to Florida for Christmas. And Dad had gone hog-wild on the home shopping network. He had not one but two special mops. Like he ever mopped in his life! And he'd joined VHS tape of the month club and had a large library of videos. I think Reader's Digest stock actually plummeted when he passed away - they ended up refunding over $50 - like 4 years worth of magazines.



I spent some time removing Dad and the Goldsmiths from catalog lists. If your getting catalogs you don't want or need, do Mother Nature a favor and register on: http://www.catalogchoice.org/

No comments: